Professional carbon wheels directly from the factory
- Price from 899 €
- Weight from 1390g/pair
- Spare parts you can get anywhere
In previous 30 years in a professional triathlon I was racing on wheels of the most famous cycling brands. When I discovered Equator I found out that in a comparison with other, more expensive wheels, Equator are not riding slower and are not heavier.
In big test of 16 carbon wheels in a German Tour magazine Equator won an award for price/performance ratio. Great aerodynamics, durability and outstanding results in a breaking tests was something that helps for overall third place too.
Which wheels are right for you?
- Hills Thanks to low weight and high rigidity, low profiles around 30 - 35 mm are great for hills and windy weather I'm climber
- Univerersal The most universal height for bothy hobby and pro cyclists are 45 - 55 mm. Stable wheels with great traction and vibration dampening maintaining low weight. I'm universal
- Tri and time trial For these disciplines, high profile like 80 mm are the best. Top-notch aerodynamics, great traction and momentum. I'm triathlete
Clincher, tube or tubeless?
- Clincher wheels Are heavier but easy to service in case of puncture. Suitable for hobby riders. Clincher wheels
- Tubular wheels Tubes are lighter and therefore used by pro teams and fans of classic cycling. The weight save is about 200 - 300 g compared to clinchers. Tubular wheels
- Tubeless wheels (tubeless-ready) Great riding capabilities. Good dampening and low rolling resistance. The only con is the first fitting. Reasonable solution for hobby riders with high mileage. Tubeless wheels
Low cost thanks to direct distribution
- OEM Factory
- Equator Factory